Sunday, November 15, 2009

MSC: Candied Sweet Potato Cupcakes

The Martha Stewart's Cupcakes recipe this month was chosen by Karen at Karen's Cookies, Cakes, & More.  I'm not going to lie - I really didn't want to make this for some reason.  Maybe it was the thought of sweet potatos in a cupcake recipe, I'm not sure.  Regardless, I made it.  And it was wonderful.  It reminded me of the pumpkin patch cupcakes I made last month.  I couldn't really taste the sweet potato - they had the same fall-like taste with nutmeg and cinnamon. 

I decided to bring them to Oscar Night at my church and a lot of people like them.  I talked to a few people to see what they thought and they both wanted the recipe.  My mother-in-law also loved them. 

My only recommendation is to put the candied pecan pieces on the marshmallow pile before they get toasted.  I sprinkled the candied pieces on top after I transferred the toasted mallow piles and they didn't seem to stick that well. 

I definitely recommend you give this recipe a try.  Thanks Karen for such a great pick!


4 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look amazing!! You were much more daring than me with the marshmallows. You are one of the few that I saw do the pecans too! I also agree that they really favored the pumpkin cupcakes from last month with the spices, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! they turned out so well! it's funny cuz you and i had the same reaction. i really didn't want to make them either because of the sweet potato, but i ended up really liking them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcakes look fantastic! I want one!

    Glad they were a hit! I made 12 and only ate one . . . everyone ate them all up!

    Thanks for baking along with us this month. You, my friend, ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were really good. good point on the pecans. Mine fell off too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete