Monday, May 17, 2010

Grilled Caprese Sandwich














Grilled Caprese Sandwich.  So simple, yet so delicious.  I decided to make these sandwiches the other day as a late lunch before serving some friends dinner.  This recipe is super easy!  Take a french baguette and slice it in 4 inch long pieces, then cut the pieces in half, and drizzle with olive oil.  Top one of the halves with basil leaves (I used Genovese), tomato slices, and fresh mozzarella.  Heat up a grill pan, panini press, or in my case a George Foreman and grill until the crust is golden and the mozzarella just starts to melt.  Would be good with Creamy Basil Tomato soup.

Enjoy! This is the ultimate fresh tasting sandwich.

4 comments:

  1. This was DELICIOUS and now I have added a George Foreman grill to my wish list :-)
    love katrina
    ps...your picture is making me hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! I have a Panini press so I will try that! We are actually having Caprese salad tonight with dinner!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds sooooooooooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you need to make this for meeee some time! I never seem to have the time with three boys roughing around : )

    ReplyDelete