Friday, September 18, 2009

Steak Salad

My husband works a lot, but now that my husband's 'busy season' has slowed down, I get to see him more!

And this is what I came home to the first night he got off at a normal time (even beating me home from work) - a steak salad.

He's been eating it for dinner lately at a restaurant near his office and he really likes it so he decided to make it for us. First of all, my husband rarely cooks. So this was a treat for me. I mean, he grills, but rarely plates a whole meal.

The salad starts with a bed of baby spinach leaves, it's topped with crumbled blue cheese, sliced tomatoes, grilled steak, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegarette.

Kyle's Version:


It was so good that I decided to make it the next night.

My Version:


So good! We both rubbed some Johnny's seasoning salt and brown sugar on the steak before searing on the grill. I also added Montreal seasoning to balance out the brown sugar.

I also love how quick this was to make - perfect for an end of the summer dinner.

Kyle's Steak Salad
(Serves 2)

Ingredients:
Two - 5oz. cuts of chuck steak
1/2 tsp. Johnny's seasoning
1 tsp. Montreal seasoning
1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 bag of baby spinach leaves
3 oz. blue cheese
1 tomato
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegarette

Directions:
1.) Preheat grill to high.
2.) Place steaks, seasonings, and brown sugar in a gallon ziploc bag.
3.) Rub seasoning mixture into steak.
4.) Grill steaks on high, 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your likeness.
5.) Take steaks off grill, place on a cutting board to sit for 5 minutes.
6.) In the meantime, place 1/2 of the spinach leaves on a plate.
7.) Sprinkle 1 1/2oz. of blue cheese crumbles over the spinach.
8.) Thinly slice tomatoes and fan on half the salad.
9.) Slice steak on a 45-degree angle, into thin strips.
10.) Add sliced steak on the other half of the salad.
11.) Drizzle salad with 1 Tbsp. of the balsamic vinegarette.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OMW this looks insanely good and it's breakfast time here! I am thinking this could be dinner however, yep, I am thinking! Great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steak salad, any way I can get it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete