Friday, July 3, 2009

Gourmet Brownies

Kyle and I are having some friends over for a BBQ before we head to Emerald Downs - our local horse-racing track. I have quite the agenda today:


  • Make brownies
  • Prep food
  • Clean kitchen
  • Mow the yard
  • Lay out in the sun (I need color people!!)
  • Entertain
  • Emerald Downs for horse races and fireworks

So, I'm going totally lazy for dessert today when I totally should have done something over the top because it's the 4th of July weekend and it's a good excuse to do that (maybe I'll do that for my nephews 3rd birthday BBQ tomorrow...). In the end I decided to use a box of brownie mix.. but rather than making traditional brownies, I had to find a way to "gourmet-them-up-a-bit" - technical term, I know.

I decided to pour the fudge brownie batter into a 12 count muffin pan. From there.. I kind of went crazy. I add roughly chopped dried tart cherries to the first three... left the second three plain (just the brownie mix)...dark chocolate chunks to the third three.. and dark chocolate chunks plus crumbled Oreos to the last three.

After taking them out of the muffin tin they seemed pretty sturdy, but I never let brownies completely cool so maybe that's what they're supposed to be like.

Hopefully everyone likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment